Trinity Boat Tours

Daily Tours 1.30pm 3.00pm 4.30pm subject to number of passengers

 

Boat Hire

Opening Hours:
11am - 6pm
To Book Call:
086 816 7037

Email : Print : Bookmark

Peter and Bernie Walsh

Picture of Rockingham House

Peter and Bernie Walsh

Picture of one of the tunnels

Rockingham House History

Rockingham House designed by Nash in the early eighteen hundreds for the English landlord John King. It was remarkable due to its dome front and 365 windows.

Burnt down in 1957 it was taken over by the Irish Land Commission. Seen as unsafe in the sixties, unfortunately it was demolished.

We can still see the remnants of this house in the park to this day such as its two 'tunnels' (which allowed the staff to unload provisions from boats and bring them to the house unseen). one of which can be seen to the left.

These tunnels are still assessable to this day. The Molurg Tower, which from the top will give you a spectacular view of the lake, was built on the original foundations of Rockingham house.

« Go back to History Menu